Tuesday, September 27, 2011

8 Months & Counting!

I got an e-mail today (along with all of my wedding spam) reminding me that we are 8 months out from the wedding!  Wow... can that really be?!?  Only 8 months???

According to The Pink Book (a great site to help stock your wedding-planning notebook), here's where we should have done by now (and where we are really at one each one):


  • Order the gown and accessories.  Plan is to buy it SATURDAY!!!
  • Compile the guest list.  MY list and both of our parents' lists are compiled... still waiting on JASON'S list!
  • Choose and notify attendants.  DONE!
  • Select and order attendants gowns.  Not on my to-do list... they are picking their own.
  • Select caterer.  Selected... yes.  Ordered... no.
  • Select photographer.  Selected, ordered and paid for!
  • Select floral designer.  My cousin, Kristin, will be doing some of this... she just has to decide how much she's willing to do!
  • Select and order wedding cake and top.  Talked with a friend from HS about making my cake... don't know flavors, but the design is done.  Oh, and the groom's cake topper has been ordered and received!  Still need to make the B for the real cake.
  • Select balloon decorator.  Seriously?  Um, no.
  • Select videographer.  Still trying to talk Jason into this... maybe somethign to cut?
  • Select and register for registry items.  We've talked about what we want and looked at a couple of different stores.  Maybe we will get this done on Sunday!
  • Select music for ceremony.  How have I not done this yet???
  • Select entertainment for reception.  We need a DJ... know a cheap one?
  • Plan details of the reception.  Does this mean decor?  If so, it's planned!
Man, I think I need a day off to get wedding stuff done! :o)

1 comment:

  1. I never would have used a videographer if he wasn't my cousin, so yes, I'd say that you could cut that to save money. What else...little to no ceremony decor but since your wedding is outdoors, you probably won't have much anyway. I had a hard time saying no to things I wanted, too. Bummer about Jason's job. If only we had all the money in the world and could have everything we wanted... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...