Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ordering our Save-The-Dates!

...or the post that was originally titled "STD's... Check!"  but I thought that sounded too much like a doctor's appointment! :o)

We had a little something to get out of the way this weekend... Ordering our Save the Dates!

I had bought a Groupon a couple months ago for VistaPrint ($50 worth of stuff for $10)... that expired this weekend.  Since we were going to Pitt on Saturday and Sunday, I knew we had to get the order placed Friday night.  I had a couple of ideas on what I wanted to do... Well, I had made some changes to it based on some friendly input (thanks, guys!) and some internet browsing.

Remember this???  I changed it up some.
We haven't had our "official" engagement pictures taken yet, so we had to take the pictures on our own.  We spent a hour or so Friday night taking some 70 pictures of ourselves.  I don't have a tripod, so we went outside and propped my camera up on a box on the steps outside our apartment.  It wasn't angled quite right, so I had to wedge a rock under the camera.  It was pretty pathetic!  Our neighbor walked by and laughed!  Jason, who usually limits my number of pictures, was actually a willing participant and had some genuine smiles... probably because he was laughing at me trying to run down the stairs back into the picture in 10 seconds!

Then I saw a post on WeddingBee of an invitation that I fell in LOVE with...

From Miss Hyena on WeddingBee
Those polka dots are just too cute!  I couldn't decide if I wanted to stick with my original idea or spend a couple hours revamping our STD's.  I wanted the photobooth strip, but I wanted the polka dots too!  And I thought combining ideas on one 4" x 6" image made it look too busy.

What did I decide???  The original idea?  The polka dots?  Well, you'll just have to wait a few months until I send them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...