I've started this blog post many times... but it never seems to come out right.
I think part of the reason for blogging is like therapy. You know, being about to talk about everything and get your feelings out there makes you feel better. Well, here it goes...
We have had one crazy summer...
As if getting married wasn't enough,
Did I mention it was 3 days after school got out... I was crazy to pick that day! And I had to completely pack up my classroom and move it home (with all of the wedding stuff) since I wouldn't be teacher there next year.
Then honeymoon was AMAZING! (more blog posts on that later!)
Then the day after we got back, Jason left for a two-week work trip to Minnesota. I joined him for a long weekend up there where we toured 5 wineries along the Mississippi River!
Then Jason was home for a day before moving back to Texas where he was supposed to live with a friend, but said friend rented the room to someone else without telling Jason. Total Bitch Move.
Then the movers came in to pack up all of our stuff. And as they were packing, we have to rescue a duck in the pond behind our townhouse. It's foot got tangled in some discarded fishing line that had attached to some algae/seaweed. So I got knee-deep in mud/duck poop to catch the duck so the movers could cut the fishing line. I'm such an animal softy!
Oh yeah, only two-thirds of our stuff made it down to Texas on time because the truck was full. We had to wait two weeks for rest of it (washer/dryer, extra bed, silverware, table & chairs, etc...)
I come back to Texas to clean our townhouse before the move out in the 110 degree heat... Did I mention the AC broke THAT DAY?!? Completely MISERABLE! (Thanks to my parents and my new in-laws for helping me!)
So I load up the car with all the stuff the movers wouldn't take (propane tanks, cleaning supplies, alcohol, etc...) and Ossie into a full car to drive to Texas in the 115 degree heat wave...
Only to have my engine block crack at Mile Marker 4 just inside the Kansas/Oklahoma border.
So Jason's mom drives to rescue me from the mechanic in Ark City, Kansas, and we get to Texas at 12:30am...
And my first day of work at my new school starts 7 and 1/2 hours later.
And if all of that wasn't enough, Jason's been having numbness/tingling in his arms/legs for a couple months and we finally have a diagnosis other than the first three doctor guesses that it was stress: MS.
Yep. MS. Those two little letters carry a strong punch. M freakin' S. Who would have thought?!? But now that we know, we are moving forward (more on that later).
And you want to know how I feel about all of this??? I just keep telling Jason that everyone says the first year of marriage is the hardest. Well you know what?!? If we can make it through this summer, we can make it though ANYTHING!!!
Throughout all of the stress, tears, celebrations, new experiences, complicated situations, cramped sleeping arrangements, giggle fits, smiles and kisses, I know one thing: Jason and I are meant to be. I love that man with all of my heart, and not even the summer from Hell can come between us!


Way to hang in there!! you two can make it through anything!!! love you both!! krista
ReplyDeleteWow, quite a summer. Congrats. Allison H
ReplyDeleteWhat. a. summer. And a very, very sweet post. Still thinking and praying for you both!!
ReplyDeleteCasey, We are so lucky that Jason and our family have you with us! What would we do without you?
ReplyDeleteI am regular reader, how are you everybody? This post posted at this website is truly pleasant.
ReplyDeleteMy blog : dora the explorer laptop computer